Isabella Meaning and Origin
The name Isabella is a girl’s name meaning “consecrated to God” and is of Italian and Spanish origin. Isabella is a female given name with Italian and Spanish origins. It is a variant of the name Isabel, which is itself a variant of the name Elizabeth, meaning “pledged to God” in Hebrew. Isabella has been a popular name throughout history and has been borne by many notable figures, including queens, saints, and actresses. It was especially popular during the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and has since remained a common name in many countries around the world. Isabella is also associated with a sense of beauty, elegance, and sophistication. This may be influenced by its use in literature and film, such as in Shakespeare’s play “Measure for Measure” and the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. This association may also give the name a romantic and timeless quality.
Posts with the name Isabella:
- 100 Pretty Names For Girls
- 20 Of The Most Girly Girl Names Ever
- 60 Gorgeous Spanish Names For Girls And Boys
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard
- 70 Regency Era ‘Bridgerton’ Girl Names That are Quintessential Posh and Romantic