Zephyr Meaning and Origin
The name Zephyr is a boy’s name meaning “west wind” and is of Greek origin. In Greek mythology, Zephyr was the god of the west wind, which was considered the gentlest and most favorable wind. The name Zephyr has been used as a given name for both boys and girls, but it is more commonly used for boys. It has been a popular name among literary and artistic circles, with famous bearers including Zephyrinus, the 19th Pope of the Catholic Church, and Zephyr Teachout, an American lawyer and political activist. In recent years, the name Zephyr has gained popularity as a unique and modern-sounding name for boys.
Posts with the name Zephyr:
- Whimsical and Enchanting Names for Boys Straight Out of a Fairytale
- Mythology Baby Names Fit For A Goddess Or Titan
- 20 Ancient Names for Boys From Myths and Legends
- 50 Most Popular Boy Names on All Things Baby Names
- 50 Names for Boys That are Cool AF