Clelia Meaning and Origin
Unique and elegant, especially when said in Italian. The name Clelia is a girl’s name meaning “famous” and is of Italian via Latin origin. Clelia comes from Latin Cloelia, with the root of the verb cluere “to have renown, fame,”. In Roman mythology, Cloelia was a brave and virtuous Roman maiden who helped lead a group of captive Roman women to safety after they were taken hostage by the Etruscans. Because of her bravery, she became a heroine and was highly honored by the Roman people. The name Clelia has been used in Italy and other parts of Europe since the Middle Ages, and it has also gained some popularity in the United States in recent years. Some notable people with the name Clelia include Clelia Duel Mosher, an American physician and researcher.
Posts with the name Clelia:
- 24 Of The Prettiest Girl Names You Haven’t Heard
- Beautiful And Elegant Latin Names For Girls
- 50 Most Popular Girl Names on All Things Baby Names
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard
- Girl Names That Start With C