Clelia Meaning and Origin
Unique and elegant, especially when said in Italian.
The name Clelia is a girl’s name meaning “famous” and is of Italian via Latin origin. Clelia comes from Latin Cloelia, with the root of the verb cluere “to have renown, fame,”. The name was borne by a mythological heroine of early Roman history who according to legend, was given to an Etruscan invader but she managed to escape by swimming across the Tiber river.
Posts with the name Clelia:
- 24 Of The Prettiest Girl Names You Haven’t Heard
- Beautiful And Elegant Latin Names For Girls
- 50 Most Popular Girl Names on All Things Baby Names
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard
- Girl Names That Start With C