Nora Meaning and Origin
The name Nora is a girl’s name meaning “light” and is of Irish origin. In English, “Nora” can also be a short form of the name “Eleanor,” which means “bright, shining one” or “God is my light.” The name Nora is also a short form of the name Honora. The name has been used since at least the 19th century and has been popular in many countries around the world. Some famous Noras include the American author Nora Ephron, the Irish playwright and novelist Nora Roberts, and the Swedish actress Nora Zehetner.
Posts with the name Nora:
- 100 Cute First & Middle Name Combinations For Girls
- Whimsical and Enchanting Baby Names for Girls Straight of a Fairytale
- 50 Southern Girl Names That Are Charming & Sweet
- 30 Classic Names for Girls That Never Go Out of Style
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard