Thessaly Meaning and Origin
Thessaly is a strong and beautiful name rooted in history. Thessaly is a girl’s place name of Greek origin. Thessaly (THESS-uh-lee) is a Greek place name from the name of a region in eastern central Greece of ancient Illyrian origin. Thessaly is located in northern Greece and borders Macedonia and the Aegean Sea. During the Mycenaean period, before the Greek Dark Ages, Thessaly was known as Aeolia. Historically, Thessaly was inhabited by the Thessalians, an ancient Greek tribe. It played a significant role in ancient Greek history and mythology.
Posts with the name Thessaly:
- 24 Of The Prettiest Girl Names You Haven’t Heard
- 100 Girl Names You Haven’t Heard Of
- Whimsical and Enchanting Baby Names for Girls Straight of a Fairytale
- 100 Pretty Unique Names for Girls Flying Under the Radar
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard