Azalea Meaning and Origin
Azalea is a stunning underused flower name that’s a fabulous alternative to popular monikers like Rose and Lily. It sounds feminine and lovely but looks and sounds somewhat exotic. The nicknames Aza or Lea are great too. The name Azalea is a girl’s name meaning “dry” and is of Greek origin. Derived from Ancient Greek (azaléos, “dry”). The given name Azalea is a modern coinage for a name of a flowering shrub, named after the feminine form of Greek azaleas. The Azalea flower symbolizes temperance, fragility, passion, and, in China, womanhood. A famous bearer of this name is Australian singer Iggy Azalea, born Amethyst Amelia Kelly.
Posts with the name Azalea:
- 60 Boho Names for Girls That Are As Unique As They Are Gorgeous
- 20 of the Most Girly Girl Names Ever
- 50 Southern Baby Names That are Charming and Timeless
- Popular Names for Girls, That Aren’t Too Popular
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard