Elise Meaning and Origin
The name Elise is a girl’s name meaning “pledged to god” and is of French origin. Elise (ell-EEZ) is a French shorted form of the name Elizabeth derived from Hebrew Elisheva. The name Elizabeth has been around since the Middle Ages and was borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist (Luke 1:57). As a given name Elise came into use during the late 19th century. Elise is a name that has gained popularity in many countries. It has been particularly favored in English-speaking countries and European nations. The name Elise has been featured in various cultural references, including literature, music, and film. For instance, Ludwig van Beethoven composed a famous piano piece called “Für Elise,” which is one of his most recognized and beloved compositions.
Posts with the name Elise:
- 100 Cute First & Middle Name Combinations For Girls
- The Chicest French Names for Girls and Boys Oh La La
- 30 of the Most Elegant Girl Names Ever
- 50 Most Popular Girl Names on All Things Baby Names
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard