Fia Meaning and Origin
A short and sweet name that would make a great alternative to the popular girl’s name Mia.
Fia, is a girl’s name of multiple origins. The earliest known mention of Fia is in Europe in the 18th century, it was not recorded in the English-speaking world until the late 19th century. The name was most likely used as a short form of Italian names like Fiammetta or Fiorella. Alternatively, Fia could be a diminutive of the medieval Irish name Fiachna, meaning “raven”, or from the Old Irish word fiadh, meaning “deer” or “game animal”, hence “wild”. Another possible origin is Samoan, as Fia is used as a pet form for any name beginning or ending with Fia.
Posts with the name Fia:
- 47 Rare Italian Names For Girls You Haven’t Heard
- 25 Irish Names for Girls That Aren’t Popular in America
- 25 Stylish Girl Names That are Sure to Turn Heads
- 50 Most Popular Girl Names on All Things Baby Names
- 100 Pretty Unique Names for Girls Flying Under the Radar
- 500 of the Prettiest Girl Names You’ve Ever Heard